Thursday 21 November 2013

Early 20th Century Sci-fi Posters Research

This was probably one of my more favourite styles that we're allowed to use as there is a lot of character to the old sci-fi movie posters from the brilliant colours that really make them distinctive and the graphic art work. These B movies are usually quite low budget so where never very popular. I'm going to look at a few examples of B movie posters and look at what makes a sci-fi poster what it is because I feel like this may be a style that I decide to go with.

When Worlds Collide, 1951 

Forbidden Planet, 1956

These are a couple of sci-fi movie posters I think these are most appropriate for the research I am doing because they clearly display a range of colours that are popular for use within sci-fi posters along with some typography that seems to be consistent looking at a wide range of these posters. Negative space also seems to be quite a key aspect with B movie posters especially around the title which is a dominant section that stands out within the poster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment