Monday 18 November 2013

Pop Art Research


I remember looking at Pop Art culture back in secondary school but this was at a very basic level so I'm going to research this again. The reason I'm looking at this style is because I know how aesthetically pleasing this style of art work is to look at so if I can implement some of these design features from pop art into my poster work then it could lead to a successful final product.
Pop Art was based on popular culture and consumerism in the 1950-1960's it included things such as advertising, packaging, public figures and comic strips.



This image has included four different popular Pop Art images, they include both advertising and famous celebrities from that era. The most visible aspect of Pop Art is the altered block colours on the images, especially with the Campbells soup. The colours used in this art are very simple and are not suppose to take away from the image but for the image to still look original. 
Because this is such a popular style and is known by most people it may be a good approach to take for the design of the poster as it may catch attention which is a main aspect I will be looking for with the poster. 



No comments:

Post a Comment